“I wish I wasn’t prepared” said no one ever
If criminals threaten your life to steal your bitcoin, what’s your plan to defend yourself? In this episode we speak with Coinsure, a Python programmer and former police officer, who at one time guarded the Prime Minister of New Zealand. Coinsure gives us a primer on physical security in bitcoin. Our first mission here at GnB is to help you protect your life and your bitcoin. That’s why we created the Scorpion Case. And why we’re bringing you this episode.
- Analysis of known physical Bitcoin attacks since 2014
- Examination of situational awareness as the best proactive measure
- Why things are stolen explained by the acronym C.R.A.V.E.D.
- Practical advice for attack deterrence, with situational guidance for traveling, kidnapping, and trading
- Advice for general security and tools that apply to areas beyond Bitcoin
- Coinsure on Twitter and GitHub
- Video of Coinsure’s presentation on this topic at the Transylvania Crypto Conference and his accompanying slides
- Jameson Lopp’s GitHub repo of Known Physical Bitcoin Attacks
- The Coldcard Bitcoin Wallet has a “Brick me PIN” option
- What is a Bitcoin multisignature transaction and a Replace by Fee