Drugs are a gateway to Bitcoin, Tor, and podcasting in Latin America
The host of the popular podcast “What Bitcoin Did”, Peter McCormack, shares his story of using the darknet marketplace the Silk Road to buy cocaine. And later on a different marketplace bought medication in a last ditch effort to save his mom from dying of cancer. These experiences forever altered Peter’s life. He shares his journey to defeat addiction, his connection to Ross and Lyn Ulbricht, and his experiences with the unbanked in Latin America using bitcoin.
- Peter being impressed by the professionalism of the Silk Road – vendors, escrow, product, delivery, and bitcoin acceptance
- Multiple health emergencies related to using cocaine
- The death of his mother from cancer and how others have bought medications on darknet markets
- Efforts to get a presidential pardon for Ross Ulbricht and ways to support him
- Traveling to Latin America and seeing how the unbanked use bitcoin